The University of California, Irvine branch of the California Federal Statistical Research Data Center (RDC) is a partnership between UCI's School of Social Sciences and the U.S. Census Bureau. The on-campus site allows approved UCI and other researchers access to confidential Census data and other federal statistics that are central to high-quality research in economics, sociology, health services, public health, transportation, law, business, and more.
General inquiries can be directed to email@example.com. If you are interested in scheduling a presentation for your class, research group, center, or school about the RDC and the research opportunities it affords, please contact Matthew Freedman.Recent News and Activities
- UCI will hold a half-day RDC research conference and workshop virtually on November 20, 2020. The event will provide an opportunity to learn more about the RDC system, connect with current and prospective RDC researchers in the region, and hear about ongoing projects in the RDC. Please see the preliminary conference program for details, and RSVP here.
- The Canadian Research Data Centre Network and Statistics Canada will hold their CRDCN conference virtually throughout the month of October. More information can be found here.
- The International Population Data Linkage Network (IPDLN) Conference will take place virtually November 1-13, 2020. More information can be found here.
- UCI will hold a workshop on RDC data and the proposal process on October 24, 2019 in SSPB 3218. Please contact Matthew Freedman for details.
- The Center for Economic Studies recently posted its 2018 Annual Report, which reviews the activities of the Federal Statistical Research Data Centers.