The UC Irvine branch of the California Census Research Data Center is a partnership between the School of Social Sciences and the U.S. Census Bureau. The on-campus site allows approved UCI and other researchers access to confidential Census data that is central to high quality research in economics, sociology, health services, public health, transportation, law and business.
General inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent News and Activities
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison will host the 2019 FSRDC Research Conference on September 6, 2019. More information can be found here. The preliminary program can be found here.
- The Models of Linked Employer-Employee Matched Data Conference will be held in New York City on October 12-13, 2019. More information can be found here.
- The 2020 Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM) Research and Policy Conference will be held April 14-16, 2020 in Washington, DC. More information can be found here.
- The American Statistical Association's Sixth International Conference on Establishment Statistics (ICES VI) will be held June 15-18, 2020 in New Orleans. More information can be found here.
- The Center for Economic Studies recently posted its 2018 Annual Report, which reviews the activities of the Federal Statistical Research Data Centers.
- UCI is a participating site for the Cornell University course "Understanding Social and Economic Data," which will introduce students to a variety of survey and administrative data, including data housed in the RDC. Please contact Matthew Freedman for details.
- John Abowd from Cornell discussed use of labor market data in the RDC. Download his presentation.
- Pat Barnes from the National Center for Health Statistics discussed use of health data in the RDC. Download her presentation or view video of her talk.