The University of California, Irvine branch of the California Federal Statistical Research Data Center (RDC) is a partnership between UCI's School of Social Sciences and the U.S. Census Bureau. The on-campus site allows approved UCI and other researchers access to confidential Census data and other federal statistics that are central to high-quality research in economics, sociology, health services, public health, transportation, law, business, and more.
General inquiries can be directed to email@example.com. If you are interested in scheduling a presentation for your class, research group, center, or school about the RDC and the research opportunities it affords, please contact Matthew Freedman.
Recent News and Activities
- The 14th Annual All-California Labor Economics Conference (ACLEC) will take place September 9-10, 2021. The conference will be hosted by UC Irvine. The deadline for submissions of papers and posters is June 15, 2021. More details can be found here.
- The Comparative Analysis of Enterprise Data (CAED) Conference will take place November 19-21, 2021 at the University of Coimbra in Portugal. The deadlein for submission of paper is September 10, 2021. More details can be found here.
- The RDC network is starting a new series of online presentations of researchers' findings using Census Bureau data. You can find out more about the series and other RDC events here.
- UCI held a half-day RDC research conference and workshop virtually on November 20, 2020. The event provided an opportunity to learn more about the RDC system, connect with current and prospective RDC researchers in the region, and hear about ongoing projects in the RDC. Please see the conference program for details.
- The RDC system recently made available metadata about all active and completed RDC projects using Census Bureau data. These metadata are available here.
- The Center for Economic Studies recently posted its 2018 Annual Report, which reviews the activities of the Federal Statistical Research Data Centers.