The University of California, Irvine branch of the California Federal Statistical Research Data Center (RDC) is a partnership between UCI's School of Social Sciences and the U.S. Census Bureau. The on-campus site allows approved UCI and other researchers access to confidential Census data and other federal statistics that are central to high-quality research in economics, sociology, health services, public health, transportation, law, business, and more.
General inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in scheduling a presentation for your class, research group, center, or school about the RDC and the research opportunities it affords, please contact Matthew Freedman.
For a primer on the RDC, please see this short informational video.
Recent News and Activities
- The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System will host the 2023 Federal Statistical Research Data Center (FSRDC) Annual Research Conference on Friday, September 22, 2023. More information is available here.
- The 2023 Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM) Research and Policy Conference will take place October 24-26, 2023. More information and the submission portal are available here.
- The U.S. Census Bureau is hosting a virtual workshop on Advancing Research on Race, Ethnicity, and Inequality, which will take place on November 14-15, 2023. More information and instructions for submissions are available here.
- The RDC network is starting a new series of online presentations of researchers' findings using Census Bureau data. You can find out more about the series and other RDC events here.
- The RDC system recently made available metadata about all active and completed RDC projects using Census Bureau data. These metadata are available here.